Saturday, November 13, 2010

blur.

Today we woke up, got ready and hopped in the car to go see Joseph.


Oh, that poor little pumpkin.


He is VERY age appropriately in love with his current foster mommy.


Remember Lizzy screaming about leaving me?  Well, he did that, a little.


Then he got over it and we snuggled and he grinned.


We had about an hour alone with him at a library and he ended up doing great and then was excited to get back to his current mommy.


We loved seeing him.  I wish I could post more of the pictures because you can see from all of our faces that we were so excited to see him even if he had that unsure look in most of his pictures.


Today was a good day.

6 comments:

Shay said...

Thank you for all of the encouragement! Right now, we are in that "how do I know what God want's us to do?" kind of stage. Going back and forth between foster care, adoption through the state, foster to adopt, and international adoption. We know we were called to do something....but when we have it all in front of us...it feels like a mountain we cant climb!

Your blog is pretty much my favorite thing to read. I love love love that you are so real about foster care.

Mrs. Bird said...

I'm glad you had a good day!

Debbie said...

So glad the visit went well. And of course his attachment to his current mommy is good, but hard on you to help his attachment to your family. This slow change for him has got to be hard on everyone.

Happy birthday!

Faith said...

Awww. I wish you could post pics... I'm glad the visit went well though.

mamamargie said...

So happy for you! Can't wait to see his little face. Glad you're able to do visits first so he can get to know you a little first. Four of our kids just kind of got plopped in our laps, without the proper introduction time. We adjusted, but it could have been a little easier if all parties had cooperated.

Heather said...

SO EXCITED FOR YOU!
I can't wait to see that sweet little face one day!