Friday, December 19, 2014

Sunday is coming.

when I wrote "history sometimes repeats itself" I had no idea how profetic that would turn out to be.

Two years ago my husband drove over an hour to pick up our new baby four days before Christmas.

On Sunday I will drive over an hour to pick up our new baby four days before Christmas.

I could not make this stuff up if I tried.

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

The Baby.

So, the baby that was supposed to come last week is supposed to come next week.

For real.

This is what I am dealing with.

According to his caseworker, the paperwork got send back to him because they wanted to know the ages of our children (to make sure we didn't already have 3 under three years old I think) and to see if any of them had any special needs.

At this point I am just glad someone is touching the paperwork I guess.

He is coming.

At some point.

Sunday, December 7, 2014

It's Done.

The book.

The book that was started close to TWO YEARS AGO...

is done.

No one is more shocked than I am!

Check it out!

Friday, December 5, 2014


Now you all see what I have been going through.  Last Wednesday I was told, "I will get the paperwork pushed through and we will move him next week."

Well, "next week" came and went without so much as a phone call.


We have had an insane week.  We closed on our house (yea!  It sold!), but that was not without drama and the drama isn't over yet.  It was just one thing after another that HAD to get I never called either.

I know I need to call and I will be next week, but seriously, when are they going to move this kid!?!

I feel so helpless.  I found out who the social worker's supervisor is and was told, "good luck with her.  She won't do anything."  That was encouraging.

I almost feel like I need to hire a lawyer.

It shouldn't be this hard.

Wednesday, December 3, 2014


No call about baby today.

Joslynn fell and bit threw her lip so we sat at the Dr. for an hour in order for him to tell us to put a bandaid on it (no stitches).

Brook decided to pee her pants on our front steps.

Elee was ignoring Ben (my husband) while he was directly talking to her.

We missed Christmas play practice at church tonight.

We are doing great.

Tuesday, December 2, 2014


After weeks of being told "it will probably be next week" I am not surprised that it is Tuesday and I have not yet gotten a phone call letting me know if baby boy is coming this week.

I have a million things I need to get done.  Did I mention we are moving?  Yeah.

I will let you know when I hear something.

Monday, December 1, 2014

Hurry up and wait.

God's timing is impeccable, but is isn't always me timing.  In my last post I alluded to the fact that the bio mother of my adopted children had had another baby.

Yes, she has.  In September she gave birth to a beautiful baby boy.  Unlike the last time, things are very sticky and the red tape is thick.

A couple months prior to me getting the call about this new baby, God had started to whisper to my hear about a baby boy.  Every time He did my yearn for a baby boy would grow stronger even though my brain would literally talk me right out of it in the next instant.  "You are already overwhelmed!" "The last thing you need is another baby!"  Yet, the longing grew.

When I found out he existed I really wasn't shocked at all but everything got "real", really fast.  My husband was not expecting, had not been thinking about a baby boy for months, and was not interested in adding anymore children to our family.  I told him about the baby and insisted that he talk to God about it.  I told him that I would stand behind whatever decision he made, but it had to be between him and God.

In the mean time, baby boy was put in a foster home in the county mom gave birth in and was awaiting court hearings.

In the days following the initial call, my husband's "no" turned to "if" and "if" turned to "I see more reasons why we should say yes than say no".   God is able to change even the most convinced heart.

Unlike the last time we were shocked with the news of a baby no one knew was coming, the bio parents decided to "fight" for this one.  By "fight" I mean make everything take as long as possible.  As you have seen, it has been months since we learned of this baby and as I type this he is still in a foster home.

When we decided to say yes, we opened our license that we had closed.  We had less than 30 days to get it open before we would have to do ALL the paperwork over agin, basically start from square one.  We were able to get it opened in time and are now an open foster home again.

Weeks have come and gone and I have called every week to ask when they would be moving the baby to our home.  I did go see the baby when he was less than a month old.  I held him in my arms.  His sweet little face held the features that they other children share.  He felt like mine.

Because we have 7 children in our home already, that has been the hold up in getting the baby hear.  We are waiting on an exemption that needs to be signed.  I can't tell you how many times I have been told "we are still waiting on paperwork."

Last week they had the termination trial.  The baby was set free.  It was not a for sure thing.  There was a chance that dad would be able to work a case plan.  That is not what he wanted though.  He wanted them to just hand the baby back to them.  Half way through the termination trial he got up and stormed out.  That was a huge blessing on our end.  The judge terminated the right of both bios.

According to the social worker they are going to get the paperwork settled this week and move him here this week.  I guess we will see if that happens.

Happy Monday everyone.  Wish us luck!