Monday, February 7, 2011

Transitions.

This weekend I started freaking out about Lizzy moving, about her being scared, about her sleeping in a new place, about everything.

Today I called her social worker and the social worker's supervisor and begged (literally I said to them "I am begging you...") them to make some type of transition plan so that she wouldn't have to be scared. I left all of this on their voice mails so I am hoping to hear back from them.

I told them I would do anything, drive Lizzy any where, in order to get her acquainted with these people before I just hand her over to them. PLEASE pray they will see that this is what needs to be done in order to help Lizzy.

9 comments:

Jen K said...

This is the first time I've read your blog. I found it through another. Wanted to let you know I will pray that the workers involved, will agree to transitional visits for your little one. My husband and I foster in Ohio, and oh how I have struggled in the last few weeks and months to come to terms with the way children are treated by our system. So glad you are advocating for her!

Kylee said...

Praying!

Carol said...

I pray they will listen to you and do what is right for Lizzy. You are surely going through a painful time.

Kelli said...

Praying for the whole situation. I remember you saying "God called me to do this, and I obeyed. He never said it would be easy, but He told me to do this and I am" I will never forget you speaking those words, and you never forget He will never leave you or forsake you. He knows your needs before you even realize they are needs and He LOVES you and those kids more then anyone on this earth can. You are doing a great job. Love you friend!!

Created For His Glory said...

Praying for compassion to be manifest!

Paula, With all my heart said...

I will be praying for you and your family. I am really surprised though that there is not a transition phase already in place. With Lucy she was going back to her Dad and we still had a trasition phase.

FootPrints said...

you'd think this would be part of the transition procedure....you'd think!

Missional Family said...

Praying for a smooth transition for you, Lizzy, and all the kids.

Was sorry to read about Joseph, I'm sure that was a hard decision to come to.

Prayers for you!

Unknown said...

praying for lizzy