Thursday, December 22, 2011

Past.

I have been wanting to call Sabrina's mom and arrange to get together with them before Christmas comes and goes. I have been SO busy I hadn't had any time to call her.

Yesterday I texted every number I had for them and it seemed that all their phones had been disconnected. I was a little bummed out (would have been more bummed out if I didn't have their address and could run over there when ever I felt like it), but I also thought maybe it was time to move on and let them move on.

Well, this morning I was deleting those numbers out of my phone and when I got ready to delete some old phone numbers of Lizzy's mom out of my phone I saw a number saved under "Sabrina's mom"...I texted it. I got a text right back from Sabrina's mom. I couldn't help but smile.

I texted her with "Are you free tonight? Want to get together?" and she texted back "Sabrina's been asking about you guys, she would love to."

That is why I try. That is why all these people have my phone number. That is why I talk to them and get to know them. That is why I put myself out there.

Because tonight I get to spend the evening with a little girl who spent 16 months in my house living as my daughter. She still asks about me. I still love her. She lives with someone else, but that doesn't change the fact that she was my first daughter and there is nothing that changes that.

7 comments:

StarfishMom said...

Enjoy your time together :)

Vicky said...

" I still love her. She lives with someone else, but that doesn't change the fact that she was my first daughter and there is nothing that changes that."

Thats exactly how I feel about Sam. Even though he was only with us 3 months, he will always be our first son.

MiNA said...

:) Have a great night :)

Deb said...

And that's why I love your blog. I love knowing I'm not alone in putting ourselves out there either.

Have a wonderful visit.

Unknown said...

No one will ever take her place in your heart ... and no one will ever take your place in her heart either. The story's not over yet. :)

Beck G. said...

Love love love this.

Endless Foster Love said...

A Christmas blessing!