Monday, December 6, 2010

Visits.

We had Joseph all day on Sunday, from 8 am - 6 pm.  My hubby drove the 2 hour trip twice yesterday himself to pick him up and drop him off.


He is so sweet.  We took him to church and he did perfectly.  He sat with me during singing and then wanted to run around so I took him in to the nursery where Lizzy was and they played for the rest of church.  I stayed because, well, we didn't pick him up to have someone else get to spend time with him - it's just too precious.


He did wonderfully, he didn't fuss at all unless he thought we were leaving him (which we never were) so it was nice to see him prefer us to strangers.


Lizzy and Joseph are 16 days apart and I keep just looking at them thinking "twin toddlers - oh my."  Of course, Lizzy may not be here by the time he comes to live here but she might.  We hope she is for her sake AND because we know our little wild girl would push our little meek and timid Joseph to a few new milestones that he hasn't hit quite yet.


He just loves my hubby which makes me melt.  He would come and cuddle up to me too which also made me melt.  I was just a huge puddle the whole time we got him.  He fit right in.  When it was time to go my hubby said, "He will be just fine when he finally gets to stay.  He is just fine right now."  And he is but that doesn't mean he won't miss his old life too.  I am so sad he has to loose everything to gain a family but one day it won't feel like that at all.

9 comments:

Mrs. Bird said...

Awww, twin toddlers :) I have some of those ;) Mine are 20 days apart. I'm glad you had a good visit!

Jen said...

ahhh.. how sweet, this post made me smile <3 sounds like a lovely day with a lovely family.. xoxo

Kelli said...

sounds like a super day was had by all! Can't wait to see some pics of this cute little guy.

Always Faith said...

yeah, put me in the "can't wait to see pics" group. =)

Diane said...

So glad you had a wonderful day. He will adjust just fine, and you can always stay in contact with his foster family.

Twin toddlers aren't bad. In fact, they are a lot of fun! Mine were four months apart but a world developmentally. Today they are very close.

Endless Foster Love said...

So nice to hear of a nice visit. Hope all moves along smoothly:)

StarfishMom said...

I would LOVE twins (but boys!!!)
You are BLESSED!!!! :)

Unknown said...

Amen! I can't wait until he is with you always!

Unknown said...

Your heart is going through labor pains right now.