Sunday, December 26, 2010

Miss.

Lizzy's mom called me on Christmas Eve to ask me if I could "pack her some black tights and black dress shoes because her aunt bought her a Christmas dress".



Lizzy's mom called me half an hour before I was meeting her to give her Lizzy for Christmas to ask if she could use my car seat because "she don't have one".



Lizzy's mom called me an hour early on Christmas to see if I could meet them early because they "wanted to get home, they had had it for the day".



I love being a personal servant.



Oh, and she came home with 2 giant long bruises on her right hip that look like someone hit it.  I don't think they did, but thank you for that because now I get to "explain" that to the social worker.

6 comments:

aka. Mimi said...

Ugh. Seriously?!? Document. Document. Document. ALL OF IT!

I hope the rest of the weekend went well.

Kylee said...

Wow...wow, wow, wow. Looks like someone is VERY equipped to mother this child. If she can't handle one day, she should try handling 18 YEARS. uggghhh. I have SO much respect for bio families that really try hard..but this, this is just pathetic.

Rebecca said...

That is annoying. Really annoying. It is hard to know where to be kind and gracious and serve the family and where to make them step up to the role they claim they want to take in their child's life.

My baby's bio mom asked if I could pack a diaper bag to send with the baby for her one-hour visits. I told the case worker that if she wants to "play mom" for one hour a week, she probably should actually play the part right and bring her own diaper bag. The caseworker (surprisingly) agreed and told the mom to bring what she needs for a 12 month old.

jendoop said...

These little exchanges one place that the system is failing. I wonder what possibly could be done during the 1 hour visit...hmmm, maybe parenting instruction?!

Unknown said...

I just don't get people sometimes. The bruises would have been the last straw for me...

Unknown said...

And how is she going to parent when she has her child full-time?