Here are the top 10 reasons why I am still fostering after EVERYTHING that I have experienced in foster care thus far:
1. For every social worker who has made me doubt the system there has been a child that filled a spot in my heart that I never knew existed.
2. For every tear I have ever cried over foster care there has been a giggle from a child that has made me smile from ear to ear.
3. For every "bad" decision that had been made in court there has been a holiday that I got to celebrate with my precious kids.
4. For every behavior that has made my head spin and my temper flare there has been a cuddle that my arms would have ached for had it not happened.
5. For every visit that has been less than ideal there has been a sloppy kiss that has meant the world to me.
6. For every child that has left there has been another that needed me just a little more than the last.
7. For every piece of ridiculous paper work that had to be filled out there has been a tight hug around my neck that let me know every bit of it was worth it.
8. For every court hearing, home visit, and random appt. I have had to deal with there has been a day of silly games, dress up and days at the beach to make up for it.
9. For every minute of stress and heart ache there has been literally double the amount of minutes spent thanking God for asking me to do THIS, even when it hurts.
10. For every risk that we took when we stepped into this there has been a reward that far out weighted any risk.