Tuesday, April 10, 2012

One Step.

Today Joseph's foster mom returned my call.

I missed her call.

I thought about not calling back today because I was nervous. I decided to call her back anyway.

We talked, as normal, for an hour. We chatted about her newest special needs foster baby. And eventually about the sibs.

The sibling group of three that she has that we are "interested" in adopting status is:

-Mom's rights were terminated some time last week
-Dad's has his termination trial next week
(it will take around 30 days to hear what the decision is because it is being heard by a referee)

If Dad gets terminated on, after the 30 days + about a week, their adoption case will be turned over to a private agency. It will probably be the agency that they are being fostered through. I guess their old foster care worker is now an adoption worker and she has requested their adoption case already.

I asked if there was ANYONE in line for them. I guess there is a "great uncle" in a state far away from us who does foster care who checked in on them when they first came into care, but hasn't been heard from since-that was 18 months ago.

So, what does this mean?

-It means that these kids will probably be available for adoption early this summer.

-It means that they will probably look into the uncle first.

-Then any other family.

-Then there is a chance that whatever agency holds their adoption file may want to adopt them out to one of their own families.



So, there you have it. The list of things God will have to cross off to get them to us.

I sure am intrigued to see if He just wants us to be willing to do this or if He wants us to raise these kids.

Oh...and their foster mom's opinion of this?

"I would be ecstatic to see these kids go to you."



7 comments:

Mrs. Bird said...

Yay! An update :) praying for you and His will. Nothing new with us. Waiting is no fun, lol!

Sophie said...

I would be ecstatic too. :) Can't wait to see how this plays out. :)

FootPrints said...

Wow! So much going on! God will make it happen! How is the precious baby doing??

Carrie said...

Can't wait to see what God is going to do!

Rachael said...

Man. So many possibilities! I'm hoping you all find peace in waiting to see what happens.

Deb said...

God is so much bigger then all of that.
Wonderful that she is excited about this possibility.

Jessica said...

HI. I just found your blog this week. I'm a trainer for a foster care/adoption agency in Houston, Texas. I will be mentioning your blog in my trainings with prospective and current families. Thanks for all you do!

Jessica
Houston, TX