Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Lizzy's Birthday.

Yes, the 17th was Lizzy's birthday.  She turned 4.  Holy acting out all before and after this day, but she throughly enjoyed her birthday party.  She loved her presents, her cupcakes, the decorations and now asks all the time if it "can be her birthday today".

Little stinker is putting me through it lately.  Around 9 pm last night I was ready to "give up" on her.  I guess by that I mean for the day give up...not for life like it sounds.

She is having a hard time adjusting to all this.  She LOVES the kids and LOVES playing with them, but her brain is telling her other things, like, "this is TOO much!  act like you were raised in a barn!"

We will get through it.  She wants to get through it, I can tell even she doesn't like some of what she is doing.


3 comments:

FosterCareQandA said...

Awww, such a difficult time for everyone! We threw a way-too-huge birthday bash when our 5 and 7 year old girls came to live with us, and we learned after that to keep the celebrations small.

Cindy said...

I know it's not the same, but we just had a baby and my 2.5 year-old (also biological) is having a really hard time adjusting. He's acting out and doing a lot of whining/crying but after a couple of weeks it is starting to level off. I'm sure part of it is just his age too and nothing to do with the adjustments. Anyway, I'm sure with Lizzie's past and everything her acting out is much more difficult to analyze but it does happen to all of us to some extent. Hang in there... you truly are doing some amazing things for these kids and I have nothing but respect for you.

Unknown said...

"this is TOO much! act like you were raised in a barn!"

HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! Are you sure she and Teapot aren't really twin sisters?