Friday, October 18, 2013

Never Fails.




I took this picture and added this text a couple years ago.  It was the day that they told me that they were moving Lizzy and that I had no say in the matter.

But God.

The plan was in place, the biological family was told, everything was set in stone - she was leaving.

But God.


Today Lizzy is still here.
She is legally my daughter.
She was my daughter on the day they told me they were moving her, "they" just didn't know yet.

I have seen the worst of foster care, and I have seen the best.

I wish everyone could experience the miracles I have.

They would be far less hesitant to become a foster parent based on the thought, "I could never do it, I could never give them back."

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Beautiful.

FootPrints said...

this. this brought me tears. just because of the situation i'm in...to say i'm an emotional disaster is an understatement.

god always has the better plan. always. thanks for reminding me.